Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vortexity Scam - How it all started

Many people wondered why I created this Vortexity scam website.

Heres how it started:

A close friend of mine called me the other day, and was telling me that there was a interesting new network marketing company riding on the wave of the social networking concept that can make me lots of money.

Enticed by the possibility of pioneering a new network marketing firm, I gladly accepted the offer and went for the talk.

During the talk, I was fascinated about how powerful fusing both the internet and the MLM concept can be. There were talks about how Myspace were able to gather 110million users worldwide just using 5 years, and was able to sell half the company off at 25million. We were also told how social networking is the trend now, and that we should jump onto the bandwagon now while the opportunity is here.

I was so hypnotized by their words and examples, that I almost paid the USD$1000 fee to join on the spot. However, there was this nagging feeling in my head that is prompting me to go check up more about the company before I put my money into it.

Therefore, I came onto the net, and found this shocking discovery..

First I found a forum thread post from www.scam.com

To read it, just click on Vortexity Scam

Although the thread was not directed directly at Voretexity, but I found that that the mastermind of Vortexity is actually the CEO of a recently revealed Ponzai Scheme company called BurningLounge.

Then I went onto the net and tried to find more information about BurningLounge.

Here is what i found from Digital Music Weblog

Basically BurningLounge is a supposedly MLM company that is trying to ride on the rising digital music trend (sounds kinda familiar ah?) . It allows people to actually set up paid accounts that allows them to set up their own online music shop, and they are able to earn a certain amount of money when people downloads music from their site.

But at the next level things start to get more complicated - the BurnLounge Affiliate and Music Mogul Programs also allow users to sign up and build their own stores, but users at this level can also sign up affiliate retailers - and every time they do that they will get a share of any revenue generated from sales on their affiliate's stores and a share of the fees that their affiliates pay.

If a retailer does manage to sign up a lot of affiliates, it does seem that they have a good potential to make cash from the scheme, but probably not from actual sales of music themselves, rather from the costly sign-up fees involved. While the basic package starts at a modest $29.95 per year, if you take a VIP package with the works and join the Music Mogul Program that's going to set you back a whopping $605.35 per annum.

After reading it, I was kinda shocked, as it sounds kinda familiar from what I manage to hear from the Vortexity opportunity talk. Further probing into the search engines, I manage to find Burn Lounge even on *gasp* wikipedia!! Click here to read more about it.

I managed to go to a few more websites to find out more about Vortexity, and I manage to find quite a few websites urging people NOT to join Vortexity because it is just another scam engineered by the CEO to rake profits off the disillusional people, like you and me!

Many forums are discussing that the aim of this company to just to rake in profits from the initial bunch of investors to the company, and then to run away with the money just like what happened to BurnLounge.

There may not be alot of information about Vortexity out yet, because the company is not operational yet. However, after reading all the websites, I have decided not to put in my hard-earned money into the company.

I would be doing more indept research into Vortexity so if you would like to find out more information about Vortexity scam, do drop by this blog often.

No comments: